The basic element of the steam power unit is a piston type steam engine built within the framework of TENZA a.s. research and development project carried out with financial assistance of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce of the Czech Republic.
The flue gas heat is transferred to steam in the steam boiler. Subsequently, the steam energy is transformed into mechanic energy in the piston type steam engine and electric energy in a generator connected with the steam engine.
Examples of utilization
It is possible to utilize waste heat produced in processes such as:
- Combined heat and power biogas plants
- Technological furnaces
- Special combustion equipment
- The PEJ-1 steam power unit is suitable for usable heat input from approx. 200 – 1000 kW and electric output from 10 – 100 kW.
- The main components are specified in the technical drawing.
- The technical parameters (heat input and electric output determination), suitable use and scope of contract are agreed individually for each business transaction.
- The thermodynamic efficiency (the internal efficiency of the engine) of the PEJ-1 steam engine in low output is higher than the efficiency of steam turbines of the same heat input.
- High efficiency of heat energy transformation pursuant to the manner of use.
- The use of environmentally friendly heat carrier (water), avoidance of environmentally unsafe heat carriers based on hydrocarbons and organic oils.
- The delivery includes complex equipment transforming thermal energy into electricity in one closed unit situated in a container.
- The equipment is delivered as a turnkey project in the agreed extent.
- Preferential tariff for electricity produced from waste heat.
- Preferential tariff for electricity produced from renewable energy sources.
- Preferential tariff for electricity produced in combined heat and power units.
- Possible subsequent use of heat e.g. for heating.